Unlock iPhone OTB 1.1.2/1.1.3 (Bootloader 4.6) Step-By-Step Tutorial (Mac Os X)
In this tutorial I will guide you through the process of Jailbreaking & Unlocking an 1.1.2/1.1.3 OTB iPhone. The end result should be a 1.1.3 iPhone ready to install applications & capable of being used with any sim-card (Not just O2, ATT, T-Mobile, Orange).
These Are the steps we will take :
- Downgrade your iPhone to 1.1.1
- Jailbreak it
- Run GUnlock Exploit
- Update iPhone to 1.1.2 / 1.1.3
- ModMyiFone for the Downgrading Procedure & Tutorial
- George Hotz for the software OTB 1.1.2 Bootloader 4.6 Unlock
- Apple for a creating a great device
3G, larger keyboard, E-Bookreader & flash support in Safari please in the next version
- iPhone 1.1.1 Firmware File
- iPhone 1.1.2 Firmware File
- iNdependence 1.3 beta 2 (Mac Os X)
- Conceited 1.1.2 Jailbreak (Windows & Mac Os X)
Step 1 : Downgrade your phone to 1.1.1
- Connect the iPhone to your Mac.
If you have added info to the iPhone already (contacts, music, calendars, etc), you should sync now in iTunes to save your personal info. Make sure to import any photos you have taken as well in iPhoto, as this process will delete all your personal info from the iPhone. Assuming you sync now, you should be able to get your info back on the iPhone. Note: any SMS and voicemail will most likely be deleted.
- With iTunes open and the iPhone connected, hold down the Sleep and Home buttons on the iPhone for roughly 15-20 seconds, until it displays a picture of the iTunes icon and a cable plugging into it.
- Hold down the option(alt) button, and click Restore.
- iTunes will ask you which firmware file you would like to Restore with. Choose the 1.1.1 firmware file we downloaded earlier. It should be called iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw. Hit Open.
- iTunes will now Restore your iPhone to the 1.1.1 firmware. This will take around 6 minutes. During this time you will see the following status messages: